Sunday, September 11, 2011

Billing/Lab module has a light at the end of the tunnel.....

Alas, we now have a light at the end of the tunnel with respect to Alberta's Billing and Lab module.

And no worries - we are keeping it totally "open source", which means that everyone will be able to have access to it.

This has been difficult and expensive. Anybody that would like to contribute funds towards this (to help alleviate the financial pressure on me) would be most welcomed! To be a wonderful, benevolent and altruistic spirit - please feel free to email me at:


drfernandes@me.com


if you'd like to be able to help me accelerate development with a little infusion of additional funding for this project.

Hopefully we'll be able to beta test by mid-October to late October. I fully intend that I will not see 2012 without a functioning Alberta billing and lab module for OSCAR.

I've started an OSCAR Alberta discussion newsgroup - much like the BC group, but it is intended for OSCAR Alberta specific concerns and discussion.

Anybody that is interested in this newsgroup is welcome to join up! There are not a lot of members yet, but perhaps more will join in time. Within the next few weeks, there will be a few clinics in Alberta that have adopted OSCAR. I hope to have these clinic members participating on this list.

To subscribe to the OSCAR ALBERTA newsgroup - please feel free to visit the following link:




Because things are starting to heat up on the OSCAR Alberta Front....I am going to post at least once every couple of weeks with an update as to our progress.

John Fernandes.






2 comments:

  1. Medicare a flexible and full fledged management solution is suitable for hospitals... The product has been developed ensured to satisfy complex requirements... Laboratory Billing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I found this web site, I couldn't find any knowledge on this matter prior to.Also operate a site and if you are ever interested in doing some visitor writing for me if possible feel free to let me know, im always look for people to check out my web site. chad price mako medical

    ReplyDelete