Tuesday, March 3, 2009

What's new

While I haven't blogged...I've learned a LOT.

I met with a really good guy who is a very talented and "high level" programmer.  He patiently spent some time with me to open my pea brain to the "real scope" of bringing OSCAR to Alberta.

Current tasks that I've started on:
1)  Filling out the Alberta Health H-Link paperwork to get a key fob so I can access the Alberta Health test server for the billing module.
2)  Filling out the Calgary Lab Services paperwork so I can do the same thing to get HL7 lab data into OSCAR
3)  Met with "Da guy" that is capable of doing this whole thing
4)  Emailed my accountant to see if I can fund this project personally under the new CCA (Capital Cost Allowances Program) with CRA that will hopefully allow me to deduct 100% of hardware & software costs until Feb. 2011.
5)  Had another look at my hardware requirements:  I'm going to postpone all of that and play with OSCAR on the Programmer's server (he installed it!).
6)  Restarted the process of getting part B done on my PIA (Privacy Impact Assessment).  Part A is complete.  The PCN (Primary Care Network) will help me with this.

More soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment